Friday, August 08, 2008

Santa, Tooth fairy and Easter bunny

We all love it when it is Christmas, Easter and when we lose a tooth, the coming of the Tooth Fairy, don't we. When I was little, I wasn't that interested in them. When I was three, my aunt was hiding easter eggs in the backyard as a surprise for me. My amma was keeping me in the car so my aunt could finish hiding them. I was getting impatient to get in the house. So, I said, ''Are we staying here so she (my aunt) can put the chocolates?" My amma didn't want me to realise the truth, so she was saying things like, ''Look! I saw the Easter bunny run over there!'' I pretended like I believed her so that I did not disappoint her.

My brother - he is really a smartypants . He knows absolutely everything. Even though he is only nine. Sometimes he works out my questions (and I get annoyed, of course). One time my brother was talking to my amma about space, all the distances and other things you don't learn until year 9 or 10! He likes medical facts. So he was talking about brain surgery, heart, lungs and then he came to the mouth. He was talking serious stuff about the gums when he suddenly said, "How come the tooth fairy did not come and give me any money when my last tooth fell?'' My amma and I had a meaningful laughter exchanged. It is so funny when my brother, all of a sudden takes up the role of a normal child. It does not even suit him after all the big things he talks.

My amma & I have got into a pact that we will not reveal the truth to him yet - we want him to be a child in at least one way and enjoy it as much as he can. (I hope he does not see this blog of mine ;) )

6 comments:

PreethZzZ said...

Wow Sriyum... You both are extremely smart in your own way! But one thing for sure your maturity really shines in many situations! Such a cute post!!! Wow my little cuz is growing up!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a smart girl... and it seems you are a very very mature girl and your brother should be very lucky to have you as his sister!... I love Santa Claus becuase he really brings the message of sharing happiness with everyone!... Don't you agree?

Sri said...

Thank you Preethi and Anonymous. I love Christmas time. It makes everyone happy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sri,

Very good post!

The real reason behind usage of such vocabulary, especially to children, is due to the tender nature of their thinking process and imagination, which tends to be far more superior than adults at times. For example children apparently learn a lot faster if animals are used as metaphors in the teaching process. The eventual aim is to teach the fundamentals strongly to children and provide incentives for their right actions.

When I was a baby, I always got "Omachi kanney kuthidum" - Did you even get this? :)

Keep writing, well done.

FS

Jeevan said...

You are intelligible at that age is really wonder sri!
Yes a child must left with innocence what identifies them and being intelligent is something should not distance them from others.
Good u write again here, keep on coming. Happy blogging :)

Anonymous said...

I did browse into ur backyard and download those eggs! that was part of the transfer protocol!