Monday, September 26, 2005

Tsunami

On the 26 of December 2004 I had a big, scary and sad experience.I saw the Tsunami in real. I can remember it like it was just yesterday.One normal day (you wish) any way it wasn't THAT normal it was quiet shakey.

How come I did not get to feel it (because I was sleeping on the bed)? I was very dissapointed. My mum and brother felt it but didn't know what it was. My mum thought it was my brother-Vyaas shaking the bed. Hehehe.Only my dad knew because he was in the bathroom.How he came to know it was because the bucket filled with water started shaking. It was an earthquake!

Afterwards when we all woke up my dad was going to his uncle's house. It was near the beach, so he asked us all whether we wanted to go to the beach afterwards? My cousins and I all went to the beach. It started normally but then (here comes the CLIMAX). We went very close to the beach and there were so many people. We wondered what the fuss was and found out about the first Tsunami. I was bold enough to go and see it and the others said they do not want to go any closer to see what happened.

On the way I saw people crying on the side road (it was really sad).When we reached there my dad and I saw a cow being airlifted. I also saw some ladies saying that they could not find their husbands, in tamil. I saw a huge wave coming so my dad and I ran. When we reached back home my face was fully red. It was a really touching and scary experience.
Thank you for reading.

11 comments:

Jeevan said...

Welcome to Blog world Sri. you have writen well, amazing to see a 10year girl in blog world, Best of Luck.

Bhavesh said...

hopefully dat incident would have taught u a few important lessons..!!

Bharath Sattanathan said...

Hi kutty,

Welcome to blogging...When I was a ten yr old kid all I remember was breaking few toys or burning my hands thanks to crackers..there was one comp in my uncle's house which i used for games, but u have wonderfully written a blog on tsunami..gr8 goin...keep it up...i never even thought anything like that...

Filtered by sambhar...

and by the way i m bharath....nice knowing you kutty...

Sri said...

Jeevan-Thanks for the wishes.
Justme-It was an experience I won't forget.
Bharath-I like Sambhar with Dosa and Idli. Why does the sambhar have to be filtered? Thank you for the ***spicy*** comment.

Krish said...

Great Sri. You write well :)

Tsunami was a tragic incident indeed.

Take care.

Bharath Sattanathan said...

me 2, even i like sambhar with dosa & i live in the dosa capital of the world too.
Ok if i will have to explain 2 u the concept of filtered..mmmm..for people who r really dumb, in tamil, they call them vadikatina muttal or vadikatina sambhar so the exact translation(just to be a little different..hehe)is filtered...so that where filteredsambhar name was born...

now u got the concept kutty???..
what do u think??

Filtered by sambhar...

Bharath Sattanathan said...

forgot to tell u sri if at all u wanna try ur hand making sambhar then u can refer to the recipe in my blog....

get sambhared!!!

Filtered by sambhar...

Sri said...

Krish-Thank you for saying I write well.The Tsunami was a tragic, tragic disaster
Filtered Sambhar-What is the capital of dosa?I get the concept.I think my mum will make my sambhar instead of me making it, because I will make it really horrible.

Bharath Sattanathan said...

that's great if ur mom makes it....must be yummy(mmmm)...so no wonder u like it..
bangalore dosa's are supposively very tasty that's why it's the dosa cap..

Filtered by sambhar....

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

hi sri ...... Tsunami was indeed a tragic incident.. that was nice narration of ur tale..

Keep it up bro (or sis??)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Panasonic pt-ae900u hdtv projector lamp whatis neurontin medication used for Controlling anxiety with neurontin Toyota master ace surf workshop manual