Monday, April 19, 2010

Earthquake

On Friday the 16th of April, there was an earthquake in Adelaide. I was lying in the same room as my cousin when we heard this huge gush of wind outside the window. She was like, what was that? An earthquake? I thought it was a really low plane because we live near a small plane airport. My other cousin and and aunt were talking about what that was. I went outside and my cousin said that her table shook. Our beds didn't shake but the windows did. We didn't know what it was so we decided to see the news the next day to see if anything had happened.
The next day when our newspaper came, there was an earthquake where the level of the tremor was 3.2. The earthquake spread all the way as Salisbury but nothing happened to the CBD. From the second after the earthquake happened, around 10 groups on Facebook were made such as: I survived the Adelaide earthquake or Quick earthquake! Run, wait I have to go make a Facebook group. This happened within seconds of the 10 - 15 second earthquake.
Apparently there is supposed to be a big earthquake in Adelaide next year which should also be felt in Melbourne and Sydney. SA should be the 'Earthquake state' instead of the festival state or state of churches.
I have been in the place which has had an earthquake. Twice, but never felt it.
1st time was in India in 2004. For more information on the Tsunami, I have written a blog a few years ago but if you search September 2005, you will find it. Haha.
The 2nd time was 3 weeks ago. I didn't even know until 5 minutes ago.
3rd time was on Friday.

No comments: